It’s all happening!
So, big, huge, life altering things are happening here in the S&P house and it is all very exciting! I got a new position in my current Department, which I am very excited about. I am also excited because said new position requires D and I to move off campus. Into a real place. Not with college students.
Words can’t properly express my elatedness to a number of things about this situation: our new apartment has not 1, but TWO bathrooms!; we can finally get a pet!; I will get to live with people my own age!; We are going to live in an awesome, classy city! The list goes on and on… Plus decorating a new apartment is going to be blog fodder and a half!
Things are moving very quickly– we sign our lease tomorrow, we’re moving in about 10 days, I start my job in about 2 weeks. But for now, I want to share with you all the things I am going to be crossing off my 101 in 1001 list (because there are few things in life I relish more than crossing things off a list!)
Things that ARE crossed off the list:
63. Finally move off campus
75. Get a new job
93. Open up a joint checking account
Things that WILL be crossed off the list in the next month or so:
77. Get certified to train in a personal inventory test (I’m going to be Strengthsquest certified on June 15!)
64. Get a pet (we’re getting a cat in July!)
57. Buy a new bed (this week!)
55. Set up a window garden (we have HUGE windows in our new place– perfect!)
59. Purge the house of clutter/unneeded items once per year (1/3)– we’ll have 1 purge done with all this moving business!
30. Sell my wedding dress (possibly– I have a very interested potential buyer plus some major “I don’t want to drag that stupid wedding dress bag through this move!” motivation)
Any moving advice for me, dear readers? Any exciting life changes happening for you?