Resolutions are for suckers
So, it’s new years eve. I feel like I should be able to come up with some profound observations about life, my year, and how 2011 is going to be the BEST YEAR EVER– you know, the year where I will finally work out consistently/ stop eating like a teenager/ give up soda/ read more literature/ save tons and tons of money/generally become a much better version of me than Kelly-version-2010.
But you know, 2010 version Kelly was OK.
I’m not a big one for resolutions involving giving up things, or vowing that I am going to change myself in 2011, because I know it doesn’t work like that (or maybe I am just really lazy). I just want to be thankful for the great year I had, for my husband, my family, my amazing friends, and the roof over my head.
So, my “resolutions” for 2011, in no particular order:
1) Run more often. Not just because it is healthy, but because running makes me feel happier and more alive.
2) Spend lots of time with friends and family that I love. Vow to always appreciate the happiness they bring to my life and make sure they know how much I value their friendship
3) Eat at the Poutine truck in DC
4) Learn to master cooking another delicious dish besides risotto
5) Attempt to keep the bedroom closet area neater so it looks less like a clothing explosion (because the clothing explosion stresses D out)
6) Go out dancing more often (or really, ever, if we’re being serious)
7) Entertain friends at our apartment more often because I find it really fun
8 ) Stop putting off going to the orthopedist for my wrist/the dentist/the dermatologist/ my GP for a physical– clearly I have an issue with doctors.
9) Get back in the habit of donating blood habitually
10) Get pedicures once a month without feeling guilty about it, because getting a pedicure while reading trashy magazines is one of life’s greatest pleasures.
I hope you have some fun resolutions on your list– if you don’t you should add some!